Reclaiming Futures Guilford County
ContactDannette McCain, Project Director
Guilford County Courthouse
201 S. Eugene Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Each year in Guilford County, NC there has been an increase in the number of young people with drug and criminal activity. The Community Systems Progress Indicators Report (CSPI; 2nd quarter, FY 07-08) indicates only 4 percent of youth in need of substance abuse services were treated. This reinforces the need we have for improved drug screening and more providers to effectively serve our young people. Through the Reclaiming Futures model, we plan to better utilize existing resources to support evidence-based practices here.
Reclaiming Futures Guilford County is partnering with juvenile justice, courts, local treatment facilities, a university, family organizations and the community to address the urgent needs of youth in our juvenile system.
We plan to do the following to help young people in our area:
- Improve treatment services for drug and alcohol use
- Create a comprehensive system of care that coordinates social services
- Involve the community in creating new opportunities for youth
In addition, we will provide training on the Global Appraisal of Individual Needs (GAIN) screener and work with trained clinicians to offer in-depth assessments. With better screening and assessments through the Reclaiming Futures model, we will gather a more accurate understanding of the numbers of youth in need of help.
Our Core Partners
- 18th Judicial District
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Dept. of Juvenile Justice & Del. Prevent.
- North Carolina Families United
- North Carolina A&T State University Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness
- The Guilford Center
- Tristan's Quest
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Youth Focus
We are funded by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust and receive additional support from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.