Andrea M. Hill, LSW
1801 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, OH 43604
In 2011, Lucas County Juvenile Court saw over 6,400 new delinquency offenses filed, eleven percent of which were directly related to alcohol and other drug use. The Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention noted that though juveniles made up approximately seven percent of the population, they accounted for twenty-eight percent of all Lucas County arrests. The Lucas County Ohio Health Assessment project found that the average onset of drinking alcohol was 13.1 years of age. In addition, marijuana is the most abused drug in Ohio with twenty-six percent of Lucas County youth reportedly using marijuana within the past 30 days.
Lucas County Reclaiming Futures plans to ensure that teens coming into contact with the juvenile justice system are screened with an evidence based tool and receive appropriate evidence based treatment services based on their individual needs. With support from local and national resources, we are going to improve the quality of care provided by local drug and alcohol treatment providers. We will use the Reclaiming Futures model to guide the way that we do business with substance abusing youth that enter our juvenile court. While continuing to hold juvenile offenders accountable for delinquent activity, we will provide referrals to resources that reduce criminal behavior, and increase the ability of youth to live productively and responsibly in the community.
We are going to:
- Start by applying the Reclaiming Futures model to our existing drug court
- Improve treatment services for juveniles using alcohol and other drugs
- Implement a comprehensive system of care that coordinates social services
- Involve the community in creating new opportunities for youth
Our Core Partners
- A Renewed Mind
- C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Behavioral Health Care
- Lucas County Commissioners
- Lucas County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
- Lucas County Youth Advocate Program
- Philio New Concepts
- TASC of Northwest Ohio, Inc.
- Unison Behavioral Health Group
- Zepf Center
Lucas County Juvenile Treatment Court-Reclaiming Futures is funded by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.