Jamie Green, Project Director
1 East Main Street
Logan, OH 43138
Approximately 60 percent of the Hocking County Juvenile Court’s annual arraignments are specific alcohol and/or drug related offenses. At least 80 percent of all Hocking County offenders, youth and adults, have substance abuse problems.
At Reclaiming Futures Hocking County, we are partnering with the courts, treatment facilities, juvenile justice, community and families to meet the urgent needs of these young people in our juvenile justice system.
We plan to do the following to help young people in our area:
- Apply the Reclaiming Futures model to our existing drug court program
- Improve treatment services for drug and alcohol use
- Create a comprehensive system of care that coordinates social services, and
- Involve the community in creating new opportunities for youth.
In addition, we will work with a local mentoring agency to provide youth the opportunity to see first hand the affect of people helping each other.
Our Core Partners
- Family and Children First Council
- Health Recovery Services
- Hocking County Children Services Board
- Hocking County Sheriff’s Department
- Hocking Valley Community Residential Center
- Kindred Spirits
- Logan-Hocking School District
- Logan Police Department
- Multi County Juvenile Detention Center
- TASC of Southeast Ohio
- Tobacco Free Coalition
- Tri-County Mental Health
We are funded by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. We receive additional support from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Download and read:
- Proclamation Designating September 2010 a National Alcohol and Drug Addiction and Recovery Month by the Mayor of Logan, OH and the Commissioners of Hocking County, OH
- Proclamation Designating September 2009 a National Alcohol and Drug Addiction and Recovery Month by the Mayor of Logan, OH and the Commissioners of Hocking County, OH
Review past issues of our newsletter, Youth News: