Partner Behavioral Health Management
901 S. New Hope Rd.
Gastonia, NC 28054
The goal of Gaston County Reclaiming Futures is to develop a continuum of care for youth who are impacted by substance use/abuse and involved in the Juvenile Justice system. Recent statistics from the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) for Gaston County shows an increase in the number of DJJ involved youth in need of substance abuse treatment. Historically, treatment engagement within this population has been difficult.
At Reclaiming Futures Gaston County, numerous community agencies are working collaboratively to establish a service array that effectively addresses substance use/abuse for youth in our justice system. This comprehensive approach increases opportunities for youth with substance use/abuse issues to be identified for early treatment, engaged quickly in treatment, and linked appropriately to pro-social activities after treatment. We believe this continuum of care is critical for achieving positive outcomes for Gaston County youth.
What we plan to do to help the youth in our area:
- Increase the ability to screen, identify, and refer youth involved with Juvenile Justice for substance abuse treatment.
- Improve engagement for youth and families in recommended treatment.
- Create a comprehensive system-of-care to facilitate coordination of services and resources for youth.
Our Core Partners
- 27th A Judicial District of North Carolina – District Court Division
- NC Department of Public Safety – Division of Juvenile Justice District 27th
- Phoenix Counseling Center
- Freedom House
- Gaston Together
- Partners Behavioral Health Management
Funded by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust